Denim & Steel InteractiveDigital Project ManagerMarch 2018 – PresentFinished the year-long Louder Than Ten Apprenticeship program on digital project management. This program broadened my view of software development beyond code and milestones, and taught me the importance of thinking and acting across different disciplines to guarantee the health of the project and the people involved.
- API Design: Worked on a handful of projects where an API service needed to be designed and implemented from scratch. This involved the choice of platform (Ruby on Rails or Express JS), data modeling and implementation. In Quini, a wine tasting application, the API also generated recommendations based on the person's tasting profile. In Porter, the API integrated with Particle Cloud API and AWS IoT and would allow users to interact seamlessly with all their devices via one interface.
- 2D Graphics: Worked on creating graphical interfaces on the web (Canvas) and iOS (Core Graphics).
Wundr PublishingSoftware EngineerMarch 2012 – February 2013Worked on design and development of an e-book authoring application for MacOS. The app allowed authors to choose from various design templates, manage their assets, edit their content in a WYSIWIG environment, and publish their final work in EPUB format.
SAP Business ObjectsSoftware Engineer (Co-op)September 2010 – August 2011
- Worked on Miso, a web application/service implemented in JRuby with JQuery front-end, targeted at creating a better search experience on enterprise data.
- Designed and implemented fully automated test scripts in Apache JMeter for the SAP Business Intelligence On-Demand web application. Set up a daily build and report system using Hudson.
- Programming Java, Ruby, C++
- Front End React JS, Ember JS
- Back End Ruby on Rails, Node JS
- Databases Data Modeling, MySQL, MongoDB
- Mobile Objective C, Cordova
- PM Certified Digital Project Lead
- CMS Craft, Wordpress
Honors and Awards
- Ranked 3rd in Canada and 44th worldwide among 1515 teams in the IEEEXtreme 2011 programming competition.
- University of Victoria $10,000 Fellowship Award for Graduate Program in Computer Science Department, Victoria, Canada, 2008.
- Ranked 179th among 400,000 Participants of the Iran’s Nationwide University Entrance Exam for Engineering and Applied Mathematics, Summer 2004.